Roland KC-150 65 Watt 4-Channel Keyboard Amp (Discontinued)
This is a 4 channel amp with volume control on each channel and a master 2-band EQ. It has an XLR input for dynamic microphones and a stereo RCA Auxiliary input.
Like all the Roland KC series amps it has an output for a subwoofer if you want to beef up the bottom end.
It is used by keyboardists as a practice and performance amp and also as a stage monitor. It is also used by musicians of all types as an amp and a personal PA system - including acoustic guitarists and electronic drummers.
- Output Power: 65 Watts.
- Number of Channels: 4.
- Inputs: First one is XLR/1/4" and the other 3 are all 1/4" Line level inputs - also has an RCA Aux input.
- Outputs: 1/4" line out + 1/4" Subwoofer out + 1/4" Headphone out.
- Speakers: 12" Woofer + 1" Tweeter.
- Tone Control: High & Low EQ knobs.
- Frequency Response: Not specified.
- Size: 18.9375" x 11.625" x 17.125" .
- Weight: 34 lbs. 3 oz.
- Manufacturer Warranty: Not specified.
Customer reviews consistently say that this amp represents great value for money. Most reviewers were quite happy with the clarity of the sound it outputs.
A small number of reviewers said that it distorts when turned up to maximum volume, however others said the opposite - this issue may be dependent on the strength of the input signal. One person pointed out that you don't get great volume for instruments with passive pickups.
The vast majority of reviewers are happy with this amp and the added flexibility of being able to add a subwoofer is a feature that has been well received.
Having been discontinued it's hard to find in stores these days so if you're looking for a new amp then check out our guide to The Best Keyboard Amps.