Sound Devices MixPre-10M 10-Track Portable Multitrack Recorder (Discontinued)
The MixPre-10M appeared on our recommended list for Digital Multitrack Recorders from August 2019 until it was removed in November 2019 due to it being discontinued.
Sound Devices is an American company known for making field recording and live production products like their flagship Scorpio series.
The MixPre series was released in 2018 as a musician-centered mixer/recorder hybrid that offers overdubbing, punch recording, and track bouncing, along with professional-quality effects.
If you want a great multitrack recorder/mixer that is fast and easy to lay ideas down on, the MixPre-10m is a great pick for those spontaneous ideas that pop up during jam sessions. It does a great job of getting work done as fast and easy as possible.
- Simultaneous recording tracks: 10
- Tracks playback/mix simultaneously: 12
- Virtual tracks:
- Inputs: 8 x XLR-1/4" combo (mic/line), 1 x 1/8" (aux/mic)
- Outputs: 2 x TA3 (L/R balanced), 1 x 1/8" (stereo unbalanced)
- Sample rate: up to 96khz
- Bit rate: up to 24 bit
- On-board effects: 3 x Reverbs, Vocal Air
- Effects send: none
- USB audio interface: 12 channels
- Storage medium: SD/SDHC/SDXC
- Export tracks to computer: Yes