TK Audio BC501 Stereo Bus Compressor - 500 Series
The BC501 appeared on our recommended list for 500 Series Compressors from May 2017 until December 2020 when it had been out-ranked by other compressors.
|Sound On Sound||Hugh Robjohns||90/100|
The BC501 is one of TK Audio's best-selling 500-series modules.
It has a combination of features that are based on the BC1-S rackmount compressor and the BC2-ME mastering compressor from the same manufacturer.
The additional features taken from the BC2-ME include ratio settings (1.25:1, 6:1), a THD switch that adds even harmonics to the signal, and three High Pass Filter settings on the sidechain (80Hz, 150Hz, 220Hz).
It makes it easy to apply parallel compression with its built-in dry/comp knob.
All of its controls are stepped for precise and easy recall. It also has an external sidechain input provided via 3.5mm TRS to connect external hardware.
This versatile stereo compressor is a good choice to use for mix bus compression to 'glue' or make your mix sound cohesive.
- Controls: Threshold, Ratio, Attack, Release, Make-up, Blend
- Input/Output Impedance:24k Ohm/ 50 Ohm
- Maximum Input Levels/Output Levels: +26dBu / +27dBu
- Attack: 0.1, 0.3, 0.6, 1, 3, 6, 10, 30, 60, 120mS
- Release: 50, 100, 300, 600mS, 1.2S and Auto (50mS/2S)
- Ratio: 1:25, 1.5:1, 2:1, 4:1, 6:1, 10:1
- Threshold: -20dB to +20dB
- Power Requirement: +110mA / -90mA