Turbosound iQ18B 18" 3000W (Peak) Powered PA Subwoofer
Gearank High Notes
- 2019.11: Highest Rated Powered PA Subwoofer
The Turbosound iQ18B appeared on our recommended list for PA Subwoofers in 1 edition from November 2019 until October 2020 when it was removed due to being out-ranked by other subs.
What makes this subwoofer standout is its digital signal processing, which allows for speaker modeling where it emulates the sound of other popular speakers.
This expands both the tonal palette and viability of the speaker for use with different venues and musical styles. All of this is adjustable via USB or with its built-in LCD and control interface.
With its big 18" woofer, 4" voice coil and power rating of 3000W (Peak), the Turbosound iQ18B subwoofer is meant to be loud.
It boasts of Klark Teknik Class D amplification in a birch plywood enclosure with back-mounted castors for use when moving the speaker around while still being stable.
Other features include Ultranet digital audio compatibility and Neutrik powerCon connectors for easy power chaining.
- Frequency Response: 36Hz-100Hz (-10dB)
- Crossover: Active (High Pass L-R 24 dB/oct)
- Max SPL: 127dB (Continuous), 133dB (Peak)
- Power Rating: 3000 Watts Peak
- Drivers: 1 x 18"
- Input Connectors: 2 x XLR Combo
- Output Connectors: 2 x XLR
- Polarity: Not Specified
- Enclosure Material: Birch Plywood
- Dimensions: 27.2 x 21.0 x 22.0"
- Weight: 87.5 lbs ( 39.8 kg)