Warm Audio WA12 Mic Preamp (Discontinued)
Gearank High Notes
The Warm Audio WA12 appeared on our recommended list for Microphone Preamps in our first edition back in February 2017 and remained there until May 2017 when it was removed due to being discontinued.
Warm Audio WA12 Single-Channel Mic Preamp
While other preamps aim to be as transparent as possible, the Warm Audio WA12 takes the opposite route.
It is meant to color your sound with its 1731-style high voltage amplifier and dual transformer design.
It has up to 71dB of gain for powering any type of microphone, including ribbon mics of which this preamp is commonly used with.
Other features include tone button that lets you switch input impedance, 20dB pad, phantom power and it has a true hi-Z input for use with electric guitars and basses.
- Channels: 1
- Mic Preamps: 1 Dual-Transformer Mic Preamp
- Input Connectors: 1 x Combo XLR-1/4", 1 x Hi-Z
- Output Connectors: 1 x XLR
- Controls: -20dB Pad, Phantom Power, Polarity Switch, Transformer Tone Switch
- Dimensions: 14" x 13" x 4"
- Weight: 6.6 lbs.
The WA12 back panel.