Alesis Crimson Mesh Electronic Drum Set (Discontinued)
- Snare: 12" Dual-Zone Mesh Snare Pad
- Toms: 2 x 8” Dual-Zone Rack Toms, 10” Dual-Zone Floor Tom
- Cymbals: 12” Crash with Choke, 14” Three-Zone Ride
- Hi-Hat: 12” Hi-Hat with DMHat Pedal
- Kick Pad: 8" Mesh Kick Pad (Kick Pedal Not Included)
- Drum Stand: 4-Post Chrome Rack with Double-Braced Snare Stand
- Drum Module: Crimson Drum Module
- Module Sounds: 70 Drum Kits (50 factory + 20 user) and 600 sounds
- Extra Features: Metronome
- Module Inputs: 1/8" Aux In
- Module Outputs: 2 x 1/4" Stereo, 1 x Headphones
- USB: USB/MIDI Output
- Power Supply: AC Aadapter
- Dimensions: 49.6" x 23" x 13.6"
- Weight: 62.6 lbs.
The Crimson Mesh was on our recommended list for Electronic Drum Sets Under $1000 from March 2017 until March 2018.
For the price, this kit sports all-mesh pads that include the snare, kick pad and toms, something that's usually only available from more expensive drum sets. Another noteworthy feature is its three-zone ride cymbal. While it doesn't have many training features, the Crimson Drum Module does have a built-in metronome and it lets you load up tracks via USB for backing use.
What makes It stand out from the rest is its extensive array of drum kits, including 20 user customizable and 50 factory presets. All of which can be further customized with over 600 built-in samples, you can even upload your own samples via a USB drive.
All the toms and cymbals are mounted to a sturdy four post chrome rack, and the snare has its own double brace stand.
If you're looking for a great looking electronic drum kit that works well for practice and live performance then check out the Alesis Crimson Mesh Kit if you can still find one available.
Alternatively, you might like to take a look at our current recommendations in our guide: The Best Electronic Drum Sets.