Alesis Nitro Kit - 8 Piece Electronic Drum Set (Discontinued)
Gearank High Notes
- 2017.05: Equal Highest Rated Electronic Drum Set Under $500
- Roland TD-1K
- Roland TD-1K
The Alesis Nitro Kit appeared on our recommended list for Beginner Electronic Drum Sets in 3 consecutive editions from October 2016 until September 2018.
Back in 2016, our research showed that the Alesis Nitro Kit was by far the most popular electronic drum set in the sub $500 price range. It was also the highest rated set under $300 by quite a wide margin - leaving all other options in this price bracket so far behind that it's the only one that got our recommendation for the sub $300 price at the time.
In addition to coming with a snare, hi-hats, kick and 3 toms it also has 2 additional 2-zone inputs on the module to allow for future expansion - you can use these for extra toms or cymbals.
At the heart of this kit sits the Alesis Nitro drum module, which comes with 40 drum kits, 60 play-along tracks and 385 different sounds that you can use to customize your own kit. Other features include USB/MIDI connectivity, plus it comes with built-in reverb, EQ, and metronome.
It's mounted on a 4-post aluminum rack which provides a good combination of being light-weight while remaining reasonably strong.
This set is used by beginners and also as a practice kit by more experienced drummers. There are also a lot of guitarists, singers, bass players, keyboardists and just about every kind of musician who play an Alesis Nitro Kit just for the sheer fun of it!
One thing to note: Alesis bill this as an 8-piece kit because they, as many electronic drum manufacturers do these days, count the 3 cymbal pads as pieces - in terms of traditional acoustic drum kits this would be considered a 5-piece kit.
- Snare: 2-Trigger 8" (Rubber Pad)
- Toms: 3 x Toms 8" (Rubber Pad)
- Cymbals: 1 x Ride, 1 x Crash with Choke (10" Rubber)
- Hi-Hat: 1 x Hi-Hat (10" Rubber) with Pedal Controller
- Kick Pad: Kick Tower and Kick Pedal
- Drum Stand: 4-Post Stand
- Drum Module: Nitro Drum Module
- Module Sounds: 40 Drum Kits, 385 Total Sounds, 60 Play Along Tracks
- Extra Features: Metronome, USB/MIDI Connectivity, Reverb, 3-band EQ
- Module Inputs: 1 x 1/8" (Aux in), DB-25 Snake Input, 2 x 1/4" (Tom 4, Crash 2)
- Module Outputs: 2 x 1/4" (Left, Right), 1 x 1/8" (Headphones)
- USB: Type B
- Power Supply: 9 VDC; 500 mA; center-positive
- Dimensions: 27.6" x 47.3" x 43.3"
- Weight: 41.2 lbs.