Arturia BeatStep MIDI Pad Controller
The BeatStep appeared on our recommended list for MIDI Pad Controllers when we published the first edition back in August 2017 where it remained until it was out-ranked by other models in July 2020.
|Sound On Sound||Paul Nagle||90/100|
|Music Radar||Bruce Aisher||90/100|
The Arturia Beatstep is a compact, general purpose USB MIDI controller that also functions as a standalone sequencer and percussion controller.
The assignable velocity sensitive pads are great for expressive performances while its encoder knobs allow real-time virtual instrument control by assignment.
16 customizable presets can be stored and recalled easily with the touch of the recall button.
For those who are into old school gear, it comes with a CV/Gate and it can act as a CV to MIDI converter.
Whether it's your first rodeo or you're a veteran in search of a portable controller that you could use with both old-school analog equipment, digital variants and virtual instruments, the Arturia Beatstep is a no-frills, easily accessible solution.
- Pads: 16 Velocity- and pressure-sensitive backlit pads
- Buttons: 2 x MIDI Transport Controls, 2 x Mode Buttons, 1 x Recall button, 1 x Store button, 1 x Shift button, 1 x Chan button
- Knobs: 1 x Data Knob, 16 x Assignable Encoder Knobs
- Standalone Mode: Yes
- Power: USB powered
- Connectivity: USB, 5-pin MIDI Out Adapter included, CV/Gate Out
- Compatibility: USB class-compliant
- Software Bundle: Midi Control Center (downloadable from Arturia's website)
- Dimensions: 15.75" x 7.1" x 2.44"
- Weight: 2.5 lbs