Fishman Loudbox Performer 180-Watt 2-Channel Acoustic Guitar Combo Amp (Discontinued)
Gearank High Notes
NB: This has been superseded by the Fishman Loudbox Performer BT.
This was Fishman's most powerful acoustic amp prior to the new version which has the same power rating.
It's very well suited for use as a small PA for solo and duo acts as well as for performing with larger bands.
- 2 Channels
- Independent effects loop for each channel
- Independent feedback controls for both channels
- 180 watts
- Bi-amplified with passive crossover for tweeter and midrange
- Built-in effects including Reverb, Delay, Echo, Slap Echo, Flanger and Chorus
- Balanced XLR D.I. outputs on each channel and main mix
- 24V phantom power
- Power Rating: 180 Watts
- Amplifier Type: Solid State
- Channels: 2
- Master Volume: Yes
- Inputs: Both channels- 1/4”/XLR combo with 10 dB pad; Rear panel stereo 1/4" & 1/8" AUX ins, 1 x 1/4" footswitch
- Outputs: 1 x 1/4" headphone jack, 2 x channel XLR DI out, 1 x mix XLR DI out
- Controls: 2 x Gain, Low, Mid, High, Anti-Feedback, Phase switch, Effects selector; Effects levels and controls, AUX level and Master Volume
- Speakers: 8” woofer + 5” midrange + 1” tweeter
- Weight: 29.4 lbs
- Dimensions: 18.2” x 15.8” x 11.5”
Many customers who reviewed the Loudbox Performer said this is the best acoustic amp they've ever owned. Reviewers have praised its sound when used with guitars, vocals, violins and even synths. Even a majority of the small number of negative reviews praised the sound quality. The fact that it is bi-amped with both channels being completely independent was cited as a reason many people bought it.
Sam Wise, in his Acoustic Magazine review, summed it up by saying "It’s rugged, professional, well-equipped, and it just works. We can do no more or less than to recommend it strongly to anyone who needs a dependable amp for live performance".
A small number of people report problems with the outside coating becoming damaged or peeling off over time, so don't be surprised if second hand units show this wear and tear.
The issue with the coating aside, the Fishman Loudbox Performer gets about as close to being universally praised as anyone could expect.
NB: This has been superseded by the Fishman Loudbox Performer BT which we now recommend instead.