KAT KT4 Electronic Drum Set (Discontinued)
The KT4 appeared on our recommended list for Electronic Drum Sets between $1000 and $2000 from March 2017 until March 2018.
After being under Kaman and Fender, Kat Percussion was acquired by DW Drums, and is now serving as their electronic drum kit sub-brand. This is their flagship model which features the best that the company can offer, while retaining a mid-tier price.
It is packed with features, most notable of which are its four 11" dual zone pads that can be programmed to reproduce various snare, tom and percussion sounds. And since the pads are white, they provide a nice contrast to the black color dominated designs of other manufacturers.
This kit also comes with three-zone cymbals - two 12" crash and a 14" ride. Even the hi-hat has three trigger zones, which is quite exemplary in this price range. The package also includes a traditional hi-hat stand, but for some reason, you will still have to buy a kick pedal separately.
The drum module has a library of 99 drum kits and 780 sounds, more than enough to cover virtually any music styles. It also comes with built-in DSP reverb and EQ, which allows for more control over the sound.
If you're looking for a versatile electronic drum kit with built-in effects, or you just want one with white pads, then check out the Kat KT4.
- Snare: White 11" Dual Zone Pad
- Toms: 3 x White 11" Dual Zone Pads
- Cymbals: 2 x 12" Crash and 1 x 14 "Ride (All with Three-Zone with Choke)
- Hi-Hat: 12" Three zone cymbal + Actuating Sensor
- Kick Pad: 8" Single-zone mylar headed pad
- Drum Stand: KT4 Curved Chrome Rack
- Drum Module: KT4 with 9 Trigger Inputs
- Module Sounds: 99 Drum Kits (50 Factory, 44 User)
- Extra Features: Panning, Pitch Adjustment, Reverb, Decay, Four-band EQ, Integrated Sequencer
- Module Analog Inputs:1/8" Aux In, 2 External Trigger Input Jacks, MIDI In
- Module Analog Outputs: 2 x 1/4" Stereo Out, 1/4" Headphone, MIDI Out
- USB: USB 3.0 Compatible
- Power Supply: DC Adapter
- Dimensions: 38" x 13" x 20"
- Weight: 21 lbs.