Kawai VPC1 Virtual Piano Controller - 88-key MIDI Keyboard Controller
Submitted by Jason Horton on Apr. 5, 2016..
Gearank High Notes
The VPC1’s RM3 Grand II action adopts many of the characteristics of a grand piano keyboard action while also working as a USB MIDI controller.
- Keys: 88 wooden keys with Ivory Touch key surfaces and RM3 Grand II Graded hammer weighting + counterweights - Triple-sensor key detection - Let-off simulation. You can see an interactive demonstration of the key action here.
- Zones: No.
- Pads: No.
- Controls: 3 grand piano pedals - Damper, Sostenuto and Soft.
- Automap: No.
- Power: USB bus powered (1.0 W) or .AC adapter powered (3.0 W) - both USB cable and power adapter are included.
- Connectivity: 5 pin MIDI in & 5 pin MIDI out + USB MIDI
- Dimensions: 54 ⅓" (W) x 16 ¾" (D) x 7 ⅓" (H).
- Weight: 65 lbs.
- Bundled Software: VPC Editor - this lets you edit touch curves, edit individual key velocities, and change MIDI routing with the settings stored in one of the VPC1s 5 internal memory slots.
- Compatibility: VPC Editor runs on Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10 and Mac OS X 10.8+.
The following video review provides an excellent understanding of the Kawai VPC1: