RME Babyface Pro FS 24-channel USB Audio Interface - 4 Analog Inputs
Gearank High Notes
- 2022.03: Highest Rated Audio Interface With 4 Analog Inputs
- 2021.10: Highest Rated Audio Interface With 4 Analog Inputs
The Babyface Pro FS first appeared on our recommended list for USB Audio Interfaces With 4 Analog Inputs + Extended Channels in October 2021 and it remains on that list today.
It also appeared on our list for iPad Compatible USB Audio Interfaces from September 2021 until August 2022 when we placed a $200 price cap on that category making the Babyface Pro FS ineligible.
|Audio Science Review||amirm||90/100|
|Sound On Sound||Robin Vincent||96/100|
The RME Babyface Pro FS is a sleek and stylish audio interface with 4 in / 4 out interfacing that's expandable to 12 in / 12 out via optical cable.
SteadyClock / femtosecond technology ensures proper, stable clock sync.
Onboard metering with peak and RMS calculations let you dial in the optimal amount of gain for your your source material.
- A/D Resolution: 24-bit/192kHz
- Simultaneous I/O: 4 x 4 (analog), 8 x 8 (digital)
- Inputs: 2 x XLR (mic), 2 x 1/4" (Hi-Z/line), 1 x Optical Toslink (ADAT, S/PDIF)
- Outputs: 2 x XLR (+4dBu/+19dBu), 1 x Optical Toslink (ADAT, S/PDIF), ,1 x 1/4", 1 x 1/8" (Headphones)
- Computer Connectivity: 1 x FireWire 400, 1 x FireWire 800, 1 x USB Type B (Class Compliant)
- MIDI: In/Out via Breakout Cable
- Preamps: 2 x mic, 2 x instrument
- Phantom Power: +48V
- Bundled Software: ME TotalMix FX, Total Mix Remote (iOS, Mac, PC), Brainworx Plug-ins, Scuffham S-Gear Amp Collection