RME Fireface 802 USB & FireWire Audio Interface - 12 Analog Inputs
Gearank High Notes
- 2022.03: Highest Rated USB Audio Interface With 12 to 16 Analog Inputs
- 2021.10: Highest Rated USB Audio Interface With 12 to 16 Analog Inputs
- 2020.10: Highest Rated USB Audio Interface With 12 to 16 Analog Inputs
- 2019.12: Equal Highest Rated USB Audio Interface With 12 to 16 Analog Inputs
- 2019.01: Highest Rated USB Audio Interface With 12 to 16 Analog Inputs
- 2017.12: Highest Rated USB Audio Interface With 12 to 16 Analog Inputs
The Fireface 802 appeared on our recommended list for iPad Compatible USB Audio Interfaces from May 2018 until August 2022 when we reduced the maximum price for that guide which in turn excluded it.
It first appeared on our recommended list for USB Audio Interfaces in December 2017 and it has never been out-ranked in the 12 to 16 Analog Inputs category ever since and it retains that top spot today.
The RME Fireface 802 is a premium audio interface meant for professional Firewire-based studio use, with up to 30 channels available for use along with built-in DSP features.
It has 12 analog inputs, four of which feature RME's popular mic preamps, while the unit's instrument inputs add to its overall routing flexibility.
As the name implies, this digital interface is primarily designed to connect to Firewire ports, but it is also compatible with USB devices like the iPad.
Finally, the RME Fireface 802 allows for latency-free monitoring with built-in effects that include EQ, dynamics, reverb, and delay.
For something more compact and affordable, check out our Budget Audio Interface recommendations.
- A/D Resolution: 24-bit/192kHz
- Connectors: 1 x FireWire 400, 1 x FireWire 800, 1 x USB Type B
- Simultaneous Channels: 12 Analog (Up to 30 via ADAT)
- Inputs: 8 x 1/4" TRS, 4 x XLR-1/4" Combo, 2 x XLR ADAT, 1 x XLR (AES/EBI)
- Outputs: 8 x 1/4" TRS, 2 x Optical (ADAT), 1 x XLR (AES/EBU)
- MIDI: In/Out via Breakout Cable
- Power: DC Power Supply
- Bundled Software: TotalMix FX
- Phantom Power: Yes
|Sound On Sound||Sam Inglis||97/100|