RME Fireface UFX II 30-Channel USB 2 Audio Interface with 12 Simultaneous Analog Inputs
This appeared on our recommended list for Audio Interfaces with 12 to 16 Analog Inputs from October 2021 until March 2022.
Boasting a total of 60 channels of I/O (30 in, 30 out), the RME Fireface UFX II is more than just another audio interface for the studio.
It was designed with growth in mind, with great expandability to be ready for your studio's future upgrades.
Even without adding other modules to expand your inputs, you have 12 analog inputs you can start recording with straight out of the box.
Four pristine mic preamps deliver +18dB of input level and a whopping 75dB of gain, enough to drive most dynamic microphones.
Low impedance, high power headphone outputs enable the use of high impedance headphones like the Sennheiser HD600 with ease.
Analog inputs, ADAT, AES, SPDIF, and USB 2 capabilities make the UFX II a very versatile interface. In fact you can use the TotalMix FX for iPad App to route and mix input and playback channels to all physical outputs as explained in this video:
Additionally, North and South Americans get a bunch of free plugins including an amp simulator, a compressor, a virtual piano and more - details are available from RME.
If great scalability is your primary goal, the RME Fireface UFX II could be your endgame audio interface.
- A/D Resolution: Up to 24-bit/192kHz
- Simultaneous I/O: 30 x 30
- Analog Inputs: 4 x XLR-1/4" combo (mic/line), 8 x 1/4" TRS (line)
- Digital Inputs: 2 x Optical Toslink (ADAT), 1 x XLR (AES/EBU)
- Analog Outputs: 2 x XLR, 6 x 1/4" TRS, 2 x 1/4" (Headphones)
- Digital Outputs: 2 x Optical Toslink (ADAT), 1 x XLR (AES/EBU)
- Computer Connectivity: USB 2.0
- MIDI: 2 x In, 2 x Out
- 4 x MIDAS-designed mic preamps
- Phantom Power: +48V
- USB Class Compliant