RME Fireface UFX II 30-Channel USB 2 Audio Interface with 12 Simultaneous Analog Inputs
With the potential of a staggering 60 channels of I/O, the RME Fireface UFX II was designed with expandability in mind.
Being able to hook up additional inputs and outputs via ADAT makes the RME Fireface UFX II equally capable on the road or in the studio.
Analog, ADAT, AES, SPDIF, and USB 2 capabilities make the UFX II one of the most versatile audio interfaces in the market today.
- A/D Resolution: Up to 24-bit/192kHz
- Simultaneous I/O: 30 x 30
- Analog Inputs: 4 x XLR-1/4" combo (mic/line), 8 x 1/4" TRS (line)
- Digital Inputs: 2 x Optical Toslink (ADAT), 1 x XLR (AES/EBU)
- Analog Outputs: 2 x XLR, 6 x 1/4" TRS, 2 x 1/4" (Headphones)
- Digital Outputs: 2 x Optical Toslink (ADAT), 1 x XLR (AES/EBU)
- Computer Connectivity: USB 2.0
- MIDI: 2 x In, 2 x Out
- 4 x MIDAS-designed mic preamps
- Phantom Power: +48V
- TotalMix FX mixer for iPad control
- Bundled Software: Various Plugin Packs from Companies like S-Gear and Brainworx
- USB Class Compliant
Many users felt that the RME Fireface was a good investment with some saying that it's an interface that "grows" with them. With the expansion potential of up to 60 channels of audio, users from high-end home studios to large commercial studios have used the UFX II with their gear. One user was able to bring along his interface to a large studio and use his home setup with the larger in-studio preamps via ADAT.
At just over $2000, the price may be a barrier to entry for many users. The feature set may be too much and underutilized for those looking for a simpler interface with no plans of expansion.
If you are planning on investing in a studio setup and you want your environment to grow as you gather more gear and experience, the UFX II is a future-proof, premium interface that will grow with your studio.
Get the latest price and reviews at Amazon.
Although this is a well regarded interface, there are more highly rated options such as the 12 simultaneous input RME Fireface 802 which you will find in our guide to The Best USB Audio Interfaces: 4 / 6 / 8 / 12 / 16 Channels & More.