Rode NT2-A Large-diaphragm Multi-Pattern Condenser Microphone
Gearank High Notes
- 2022.06: Equal Highest Rated Large-Diaphragm Condenser Mic between $300 and $500
- 2020.03: Highest Rated Large-Diaphragm Condenser Mic Under $500
- 2018.10: Equal Highest Rated Studio Vocal Mic from $200 to $500
- Type: Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Omni, Cardioid & Figure 8
- Frequency Response: 20 to 20,000 Hz
- Impedance: 200 ohms
- Maximum SPL: 147 dB
- Attenuation Pad: 0dB, -5dB or -10dB
- Highpass filter: Flat, 80Hz or 40Hz
- Power Requirements: 48V phantom power
The NT2-A is mic by Rode, a company well known in the recording community for impressive sound quality.
It has a large type HF1 dual 1" capsule condenser microphone that replicates the voicing of classic studio mics.
It also comes with a wide array of features built-in, including switchable pickup patterns, high-pass filters and variable attenuation control.
All of these make the NT2-A very versatile, working well with most vocal styles and instruments, and it even can be used to multiple sound sources live at the same time.
It comes bundled with essentials like a cable, shockmount and a dust cover.
With great classic sounding warmth, the Rode NT2-A is a favorite of engineers and singers alike. Just make sure your mic stand is able to support its weight.
Need a good mic stand for the NT2-A? Check out our guide for The Best Mic Stands.
As of publication time, this was on our recommended list: The Best Condenser Mics.