Tascam Celesonic US-20x20 USB Audio Interface - 10 Analog Inputs (Discontinued in America)
The Celesonic US-20x20 appeared on our recommended list for iPad Compatible Audio Interfaces from October 2019 until September 2021.
It was also on our list for 12 to 16 Channel Audio Interfaces from January 2019 until December 2019.
The Celesonic US-20x20 is a full-featured studio-ready interface with 8 XLR preamps and iOS compatibility.
It can function as an audio interface, a mic preamp, or even an iPad controlled mixer.
As such, it is gives you quite a lot for the money, which in turn catches the attention of many home studio owners who want a good value for money interface.
Speaking of versatility, it works with Windows, Mac and even iOS (iPad/iPhone), with up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution, and it supports USB 3.0 along with USB 2.0.
And it comes packed with 8 Ultra-HDDA mic preamps for plugging multiple mics, with hi-Z inputs on the first 2 channels for capturing bass or guitar direct.
There is also the convenience of dual headphone outputs, for monitoring flexibility.
And it comes with built-in DSP for adding essential reverb, EQ and compression.
If you're looking to record a full band with several microphones on the go, and on a budget, the Tascam Celesonic US-20x20 is a great pick with only minor gripes.
- A/D Resolution: 24-bit/192kHz
- Connectors: 8 x XLR, 2 x 1/4" TRS Ins, 2 x TRS headphones output, USB 3.0/2.0
- Simultaneous Channels: 12 Analog (Up to 30 via ADAT)
- Inputs:8 x XLR-1/4" combo (2 Mic/Instrument, 6 Mic/Line), 2 x 1/4" TRS, 1 x Coax (S/PDIF), 1 x Optical (S/MUX)
- Outputs: 10 x 1/4" TRS, 2 x 1/4" (headphones), 1 x Coax (S/PDIF), 1 x Optical (S/MUX)
- MIDI: I/O Built in
- Power: DC Power Supply
- Phantom Power: Yes