TASCAM Model 12 Mixer + Multitrack Recorder + Controller
The Model 12 was on our recommended list for Multitrack Recorders from August 2020 until September 2022 when it had been out-ranked by other recorders.
|Sound On Sound||Matt Houghton||80/100|
|Guitar Interactive Magazine||Jonathan Graham||90/100|
The TASCAM Model 12 is designed as a standalone Mixer, Interface, and Controller.
It features an analog-style workflow and aesthetic with individual knobs for eq, compressors, and AUX.
One great feature of this recorder is the capability of routing tracks in your DAW back into the mixer's 10 channels and use it as an analog mixing console. The Stereo out is then routed back into a stereo track into your DAW as a mixdown.
The TASCAM Model 12 is a throwback to the '80s where Portastudios were an essential part of being in a band and recording demos. Many users fell in love with the idea of engaging in that workflow again and TASCAM was kind enough to provide a lot of modern optimizations to that style of production.
- Simultaneous recording tracks:10
- Tracks playback/mix simultaneously: 6 Mono, 2 stereo
- Virtual tracks: 0
- Inputs:8 x XLR-1/4" combo (mic/line/Hi-Z), 1 x 1/8" TRRS (stereo), 2 x 1/4" (L/R)
- Outputs:2 x XLR (main), 2 x 1/4" (L/R Subgroup)
- Sample rate: 48kHz
- Bit rate: 24-bit
- On-board effects: 8 x Channel Compressor, Reverbs, Delay, Chorus, Flanger
- Effects send: Internal
- USB audio interface: Yes
- Storage medium: SD Card Slot, SDHC (4GB-32GB), SDXC (64GB-512GB)
- Export tracks to computer: Yes