Yamaha DSR118W 800W 18" Powered Subwoofer (Discontinued)
Submitted by Jason Horton on Oct. 25, 2022..
The DSR118W appeared on our recommended list for PA Subwoofers in 2 consecutive editions from May 2016 until November 2019.
Yamaha DSR118W Overview
The DSR118W uses DSP technology to protect the amp and speaker - it has onboard 48bit AD/DA converters to turn the signal from analog to digital.
By going digital Yamaha have been able to include a range of technologies including their proprietary FIR-X tuning system which automatically optimizes the frequency and phase response.
In addition to pairing these with Yamaha FOH speakers (Tops) I've also seen reports of people happily using them with QSC, JBL, and even one case of using them with a Bose Compact L1 system.
- Frequency Response: 40 Hz to 130 Hz (-10 dB)
- Crossover: 120Hz (Selectable)
- Max SPL: 132 dB
- Power Rating: Class-D 800 Watts
- Driver: 18" Bass-reflex Type
- Input Connectors: 2 x XLR
- Output Connectors: 2 x XLR thru outputs
- Polarity: Normal / Reverse
- Enclosure Material: Plywood
- Dimensions: 20.5" x 25.25" x 23"
- Weight: 93 lbs (42kg)
These have been discontinued but you can see our current recommendations in our guide to The Best PA Subwoofers.