Akai Professional LPK25 25 Key USB-MIDI Controller Keyboard
- Keys: 25 velocity sensitive mini keys with synth action.
- Pads: none.
- Buttons: Arpeggiator on/off, Tap tempo, Sustain, Latch (used to change arpegiator notes), Program select, and Octave +/-.
- Octaves: 9 with the Octave Up and Octave Down buttons.
- Bundled Software: AIR Ignite - editing controls are mapped to the LPK25.
- Power: USB powered.
- Connectivity: USB.
- Compatibility: Mac OS X + Windows 8, 7 and XP - still in testing for Windows 10 and not yet officially supported.
- Dimensions: 13.4" x 3.8" x 1.1"
- Weight 0.9 lbs
The LPK25 appeared on our recommended list for 25 Key MIDI Controller Keyboards from December 2015 until September 2018 when it had been out-ranked by other keyboards.
It was also on our list for MIDI Keyboards Under $100 from September 2018 until May 2020.
This 25 Key USB MIDI controller is designed to be a portable no-frills keyboard controller that just works.
The 25-key velocity sensitive keybed is front and center and takes up most of its overall profile to keep its size as small as possible, without making the keys too tiny.
There is some space for a few buttons that control octave up and down, tap tempo, arpeggiator and sustain.
More importantly, it works plug and play with Mac or PC computers, and runs on USB bus power.
If you're looking for a budget no-frills portable MIDI keyboard controller, then do check out the Akai Professional LPK25.