Boss RC-1 Loop Station
Gearank High Notes
- 2022.11: Highest Rated Compact Looper Pedal
The RC-1 first appeared on our recommended list for Compact Looper Pedals from January 2019 from until January 2020.
It came back onto the list in February 2021 and it has remained there since.
|Music Tech||Marcus Leadley||80/100|
The RC-1 Loop Station follows Boss' tried and tested single stomp box design, ideal for those looking for an easy to use loop pedal.
What makes it stand out from other basic loopers is its 24-segment LED indicator, which lets you visually monitor your settings.
It sports up to 12 minutes of loop time, which is more than enough for the usual phrase looping, making it viable for keeping song and riff ideas.
Another nifty feature of this pedal is its stereo input and output compatibility, a nice addition for those with complex stereo setups.
The lack of a bundled AC adapter is may be a cause of concern, so remember to get one if you don't already have one.
If you're looking for a reliable and simple way to make single channel loops, then the Boss RC-1 is a great place to start, or maybe even end, your search.
- Total Loop Time: 12 Minutes
- Loop Memory Slot: Internal
- Audio Quality: Not Specified
- Input: 2 x 1/4" (Stereo)
- Output: 2 x 1/4" (Stereo)
- Power: DC Adapter (Optional) or 9V Battery
- Extra Feature: 24 Segment Loop Indicator, Stereo In/Out
- Dimensions: 2.375" x 5.125" x 2.875"
- Weight: 1 lb.