D'Addario NS Tri-Action Capo PW-CP-09
- Designed for acoustic and electric guitars with radiused fretboards
- Micrometer tension adjustment assures buzz-free in-tune performance at every fret
- Single hand, easy to operate Tri-Action Geometry; clamps to the headstock when not in use
- Aircraft grade aluminum construction
- Designed for 6-string electric and acoustic guitars
The D’Addario Planet Waves NS Tri-Action Capo combines the usability of a trigger-style capo with the control of a c-clamp capo.
To place and release the capo you grab the trigger portion, and to control the tension you turn the thumbscrew on the bottom. Like other trigger-style capos, you can also clip the capo to the headstock when it isn’t in use.
While it combines the best parts of trigger and c-clamp style capos, it’s main issue is that the thumbscrew has a limited range of tension when compared to a true c-clamp style capo.
If you use thicker gauge strings or a 12-string guitar you may find that this capo doesn’t have the tension necessary to produce a clear tone, but other than that it has high ratings for a reason.
You can see more options in our guide to The Best Capos For Guitar & Ukulele.