DigiTech JML2 JamMan Stereo Looping Station (Discontinued)
The JML2 JamMan Stereo first appeared on our recommended list for Loop Pedals from August 2017 until January 2019 when it was out-ranked by other loopers.
It came back onto the list in June 2020 before it was discontinued.
The JamMan Stereo is the former JamMan series flagship looper pedal, and while it has been years since it was first introduced, it is still very much relevant and in demand and rightly so because DigiTech was among the first companies who embraced the concept of dedicated complex loop pedals.
It stays true to the original JamMan design, focusing more on the needs of singer/guitarists with its four footswitch interface, stereo input/output, and microphone compatibility via a balanced XLR input.
As expected, there's a lot of loop recording time to work with, thanks to its 35 minutes total recording time and 99 internal memory slots. And if that's not enough, you can expand the memory to 16 hours via an SDHC card, and add another 99 memory slots.
It is often implemented as an accompaniment tool by guitarists, either through live looping or by loading pre-recorded tracks on stage.
Other features include tempo adjustments, different stop modes (fade, finish, stop), reverse playback, and it also comes with a built-in metronome.
- Total Loop Time: 2,100 to 57,600 Seconds
- Loop Memory Slot: 99 (Internal), 99 (Memory Card)
- Audio Quality: 24-bit A/D/A - 44.1 kHz Sample Rate
- Input: 2 x 1/4" (Stereo), 1 x XLR (Mic), 1 x 1/8" (Aux)
- Output: 2 x 1/4" (Stereo), 1 x 1/8" (Headphones), 1 x 1/4" (Rhythm Out)
- USB: USB 2.0
- Power: DC Adapter
- Extra Features: Reverse Playback, Three Stop modes (Fade, Finish, Stop), Adjustable Tempo, Metronome
- Dimensions: 6.84" x 6.70" x 2.89"
- Weight: 2.22 lbs.