Doepfer LMK2+ 88-Key Hammer Action MIDI Keyboard Controller
The LMK2+ appeared on our recommended list for 88 Key MIDI Controller Keyboards from October 2018 until November 2019 when it was out-ranked by other keyboards.
Don't be too surprised if you haven't heard much about Doepfer before because they only recently started to be sold by major American retailers, but they are a highly respected brand from Germany.
The LMK2+ is Doepfer's 'low cost' option designed to be reasonably simple yet does what it does very well - it provides a robust portable instrument that has a surprisingly realistic feel according to many pianists who have played it.
It has 8 selectable velocity curves and it lets you set the velocity curves for the black and white keys separately.
The Fatar keybed is quite good with a reasonably good hammer-action feel and sensitivity, and you can set the velocity curves separately for the black and white keys.
One drawback is the fact that it doesn't have a proper screen for editing - something which is fairly standard on many MIDI keyboards these days.
It does come standard with a flight case that you simply take the top off and you're ready to play.
- Keys: 88 graded hammer-action Fatar T88P/40GH keybed with velocity and monophonic channel aftertouch.
- Zones: 4 overlapping assignable zones - Aftertouch, Wheels, external Footswitches and Pedal can be turned on/off for each zone
- Pads: No.
- Controls: Pitchbend wheel, Assignable wheel.
- Automap: No.
- Power: 3-pin XLR AC power adapter included and USB bus power the USB host has to be able to supply 200mA).
- Connectivity: 5-Pin MIDI out and USB 2.0 MIDI (both send the same data). It also has a 1/4" jack for volume/sweep and a 1/4" jack for sustain/sostenuto..
- Dimensions: 58.27" (L) x 11.02" (W) x 4.72" (H).
- Weight: 52.9 lbs. (includes the flight case)
This video demonstrates the old version which didn't have USB