Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport SR Advanced Modulated Delay & Reverb Pedal (Discontinued)
The Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport SR is a dual delay + reverb pedal with a plethora of options.
The controls may look daunting but to explain it simply according to Earthquaker Devices, "The top row of controls are for delay A and the bottom row of controls are for delay B. Delay A is a 600ms delay with modulation and delay B is a 300ms delay with reverb. Both delays can be run separately, in parallel, in series or in series/parallel."
This means an almost limitless palette of sounds with varying degrees of modulation, reverb, asymmetrical repeats, and more are available, all waiting to be discovered from playing around with the intuitive controls.
- Delay A: 600ms delay with modulation and delay B is a 300ms delay with reverb
- Delay B: 300ms delay with reverb
- Delay A Controls: Time,Repeat, Mix, Depth, Rate, Bleed
- Delay B Controls: Time, Repeat, Mix, Reverb
- Input: 1 x 1/4" (instrument), 1 x 1/4" (repeats expression), 1 x 1/4" (bleed expression)
- Output: 1 x 1/4"
- Power: 9V DC Power Supply (Sold Separately)
- Bypass Type: Switchable (True)
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 2.5" x 5.65" x 4.47"
- Weight: 1.4 lbs.
Many fans of the disaster transport are users eager to experiment with different delay sounds like how old analog tape delays were experimented on. Many use the Disaster transport to attain surreal sounding delay soundscapes with varying repeat times and modulation. A user noted that it is more an instrument in itself than just a delay and reverb pedal.
Users note that the pedal has a learning curve and with no way to save presets, many interesting sounds get lost.
The Disaster Transport takes your creativity and runs it through a blender, letting out a smooth, lo-fi mix of classic tape tones with a twist of craziness. Get it if you want a delay pedal that you can get creative with.
Unfortunately this is no longer available new in stores, however you can see the highest rated alternatives in our guide to The Best Reverb Pedals.