Joemeek threeQ - Channel Strip with Mic Preamp (Discontinued)
The Joemeek threeQ preamp is generally well liked by most reviewers who report it generates very little noise. It has been positively mentioned when used with condenser, dynamic, and even ribbon mics - whether using phantom power or not.
The EQ is generally well received and reported as being easy to use.
The compression with its fixed 5:1 ratio really tends to divide opinions. It colors the sound and is quite noticeable when driven hard, but much less so at low levels.
Joemeek threeQ Features
- Channels: 1
- Inputs: XLR (mic), 1/4" TRS (line), 1/4" TRS (insert), 1/4" TRS (Mix)
- Outputs: 2x 1/4" TRS - 75Ω
- Preamp: 0dB to +60dB with 48v phantom power
- Compressor: ratio 5:1 with a threshold range of -6dBu to +20dBu
- Equalizer: shelf and single band semi-parametric
- Rackmountable: Yes - half rack
Many reviewers say that this is a nice little unit for such a low price, but that if you have a few extra dollars then consider getting something with a more flexible compressor.
To see which alternatives we recommend, see our guide to The Best Channel Strips Under $500.