Korg CA-40 Chromatic Handheld Tuner (Discontinued)
Gearank High Notes
- 2020.11: Highest Rated Handheld Tuner
- 2018.04: Highest Rated Handheld Tuner
The CA-40 appeared on our recommended list for Handheld Tuners from our first edition in March 2017 until it had to be removed due to a lack of availability in December 2019.
The Korg CA-40 has a handy battery saving feature where it turns itself off when left on unused for 20 minutes.
It's not specifically designed for guitar but has found a place with guitarists who also play other instruments from ukulele to brass and woodwind, or who share it with others at home who play those instruments.
Although it does have a bypass output jack which Korg say is good for live use, like all handheld tuners it's not particularly practical for guitarists to use during a live performance setting but is fine for tuning in between sets, home use and practice sessions.
- Tuning Accuracy: ±1 cent
- Tuning Range: A0 (27.50 Hz) to C8 (4186.01 Hz)
- Reference Pitch: A4 = 410 Hz to 480 Hz (1 Hz steps)
- Tuning Modes: Meter mode (AUTO), Sound Out mode (MANUAL)
- Tone Generator Range: C4 (261.63 Hz) – C5 (523.25 Hz): 1 octave
- Display: LCD needle-style
- Connectors: INPUT jack (1/4” monaural phone jack), OUTPUT jack (1/4” monaural phone jack)
- Power Supply: Two AAA batteries (3V)
- Dimensions: 3.94” (100 mm) x 2.64” (67 mm) x 0.67” (17 mm)
- Weight: 0.19 lbs (88 g) - includes batteries