Korg microKEY25 USB 25-Key MIDI Keyboard Controller
The microKEY25 comes in a simple light-weight form that has the right amount of functional features.
It's technically Korg's smallest piano-style MIDI controller in terms of dimension, which makes it easy to carry around and saves space for other gear.
Compatible with Mac, iOS, and Windows operating systems, this USB-powered controller is easy to set-up with no driver installation needed.
- Keys: 25 velocity-sensitive Natural Touch keys
- Pads: none
- Buttons & Knobs: 1 joystick, 1 arpeggiator button, 1 Sustain / TAP button
- Octaves: -4 and +4 with the Octave Up and Octave Down buttons
- Bundled Software: KORG Bundle Software PIN Card
- Power: USB powered
- Connectivity: USB
- Compatibility: Mac OS X10.5 or later, iOS (1 Lightning USB Camera Adapter is required) , Windows 7, 8.1, 10, XP & Vista
- Dimensions: 15.55" x 5.16" x 2.09"
- Weight 1.43 lbs.
Both Mac and PC devices instantly recognized this controller once users plugged it to their computers. Many reviewers reported it had fully responsive keys and buttons, integrating easily with DAWs they used. The main appeal is its small and compact size, making it convenient for users to place it in their bag and take it anywhere they go.
Since the joystick is an alternative to the common pitch/modulation wheel design, some find it a bit difficult to control at first. Some users find the keys too small and it takes some time to adjust to the size.
This is a great choice for those who want a MIDI controller with basic functions combined with easy portability. It's also a good choice for those who are new to MIDI controllers.