Korg Pitchblack Custom 3D Pedal Tuner
The Korg Pitchblack Custom 3D Pedal Tuner is all about visibility and accuracy.
It easily stands out with its big display which provides better viewing of your tuning, with four display modes: regular, meter, half strobe and strobe.
It can run on a 9V battery for up to 30 hours (for alkaline batteries), or you can get the optional 9V DC power supply.
The default color is of the pedal is black, which further accentuates the display. But Korg did release limited edition colored versions in red, blue and white.
- Tuning Accuracy: ±0.1 cent
- Tuning Range: E0 (20.6Hz)–C8 (4186Hz)
- Reference Pitch: A4 = 436-445Hz
- Tuning Modes: Chromatic for Guitar and Bass
- Display: High Contrast 3D display
- Bypass: True Bypass
- Power Supply: 9V Battery Included, Optional 9V DC Power Supply
- Battery Life: Up to 30 Hours (Alkaline)
- Dimensions: 1.77" (45 mm) x 4.45" (113 mm) x 2.64" (67 mm)
- Weight: 10.24 oz (290 g)
The Pitchblack Custom 3D tuner gets a lot of kudos for it's bright and easy to view display. Many are also pleased with how easy the pedal is to operate. While not as pin point as strobe tuners, there are plenty who are satisfied with how quick to respond and how accurate the pedal is, to the point that some even use this pedal for intonation and setup with good results.
There aren't many user complaints to write about, but there are a few who wish for extra features.
If you're looking for an easy to use, plug-and-play pedal tuner, then this a reasonable option to consider getting.
Although this was previously on our recommended list, there are now more highly rated options available which you can see in our guide to The Best Guitar Tuners.