Marshall AS100D 100-Watt Acoustic Guitar Combo Amplifier (Discontinued)
The AS100D appeared on our recommended list for Acoustic Amps from when we first published it in July 2016 until it was no longer available in May 2020.
Marshall's acoustic series amplifiers designed specifically for acoustic guitar are quite popular and the AS100D is one of their better selling models.
The AS100D is the larger of the two amps in Marshall's Artist Series acoustic guitar amps with 4 channels, stereo output, and 100 watts of power (50 watts per side).
This one is designed for gigging and playing at larger venues.
It sports 4 channels with two of them having mic inputs - it can handle piezio and magnetic picups as well as vocal mics.
One channel is dedicated to vocal microphones with a mic preamp with phantom power and an XLR socket so it can effectively be used as a mini PA system.
Note that it only has 15V phantom power instead of 48V which means you're limited in the number of condenser mics you can use
A note of caution: some online retailers erroneously list this as a 50 watt amp when in fact it has two 50 watt channels giving it a total output of 100 watts at full power.
The Marshall AS100D is great acoustic amp that performs well both on stages and in the studio.
- Power Rating: 100 Watts (50W + 50W)
- Amplifier Type: Solid State
- Channels: 4
- Master Volume: Yes
- Inputs: 2 x Instrument, 2 x XLR/Mic with 15V phantom power, 1 x RCA Stereo
- Outputs: Line out, Balanced DI out
- Controls: 3 x Volume, 2 x Bass/Treble, Mid, Mid Frequency, 2 x Sweep for feedback control, 2 x FX Min, 2 x FX adjust, FX volume, AUX volume, Master volume
- Speakers: 2 x 8" Celestion + 2 x polymer dome tweeters
- Weight: 46.3 lbs
- Dimensions: 23.82" x 20.87" x 10.63"
|Acoustic Magazine||Guy Little||94/100|