Peterson StroboPlus HD Strobe Tuner - Handheld (Discontinued)
Gearank High Notes
- 2019.11: Highest Rated Handheld Tuner
- Tuning Accuracy: ±0.1 cent
- Tuning Range: C0 - A#8
- Reference Pitch: Concert A = 390Hz-490Hz
- Tuning Modes: 92 (Guitar, Bass, Ukulele, Sitar, Harp, Orchestral etc.)
- Display: LCD screen with LED backlight
- Bypass: Not Mentioned
- Power Supply: 9V Battery Included, Optional 9V DC Power Supply
- Battery Life: Up to 30 Hours (Alkaline)
- Dimensions: 5.25" (133 mm) x 4.25" (108 mm) x 1.5" (38 mm)
- Weight: 10.56 oz (299 g)
The StroboPlus HD appeared on our recommended list for Handheld Tuners from November 2019 until October 2021.
The StroboPlus HD is Peterson's handheld tuner that brings with it the brand's reputation for accuracy and reliability.
Aside from its profile, another important distinction of the StroboPlus HD is its built-in microphone, which makes it a viable tuner even for acoustic instruments that do not have a pickup.
While most musicians usually stick with western temperament tuning, this tuner comes preloaded with alternative temperaments for those who want to experiment.
It also comes with multiple "sweetened" tunings. To give you more room for playing around with different tunings, the StroboPlus HD has 99 preset locations for saving your settings.
It runs on a USB-rechargeable Li-Ion battery.
Even with its premium price tag, those who have invested in the Peterson StroboPlus HD Handheld are pleased with their purchase. Worth checking out if you're into playing different tunings and instruments.