Peterson StroboPlus HD Strobe Tuner - Handheld
Gearank High Notes
- November 2019: Highest Rated Handheld Tuner
Aside from its profile, another important distinction of the StroboPlus HD is its built-in microphone, which makes it a viable tuner even for acoustic instruments that do not have a pickup.
While most musicians usually stick with western temperament tuning, this tuner comes preloaded with alternative temperaments for those who want to experiment.
It also comes with multiple "sweetened" tunings. To give you more room for playing around with different tunings, the StroboPlus HD has 99 preset locations for saving your settings.
Finally, it runs on a USB-rechargeable Li-Ion battery.
- Tuning Accuracy: ±0.1 cent
- Tuning Range: C0 - A#8
- Reference Pitch: Concert A = 390Hz-490Hz
- Tuning Modes: 92 (Guitar, Bass, Ukulele, Sitar, Harp, Orchestral etc.)
- Display: LCD screen with LED backlight
- Bypass: Not Mentioned
- Power Supply: 9V Battery Included, Optional 9V DC Power Supply
- Battery Life: Up to 30 Hours (Alkaline)
- Dimensions: 5.25" (133 mm) x 4.25" (108 mm) x 1.5" (38 mm)
- Weight: 10.56 oz (299 g)
One user summarized his experience of the StroboPlus HD as money well spent, and this is a common theme among owners. It gets a lot of kudos for its versatility, from musicians of different instruments and backgrounds. Its eye catching display is also often commended, along with its well thought profile and controls.
There are a few who comment that controls take a bit of getting used to, while some complain about the price tag.
As long as it fits your budget, this versatile handheld tuner will make a great addition to your tool kit.
Although this was previously on our recommended list, there are now more highly rated options available which you can see in our guide to The Best Guitar Tuners.