Roland AC-33 30-Watt Battery Powered Portable Acoustic Guitar Combo Amp
Roland has a great reputation for making high quality transparent instrument amplifiers and in the past they produced some of the highest rated keyboard amps and that experience translated well to their acoustic amps.
The 30-Watt AC-33 is a highly rated stereo 2-channel acoustic guitar amp that comes with the added bonus of being able to be run on battery power making it ideal for street performers.
One channel is dedicated to guitar and the other is for microphone input. It also has a built-in 40 second phrase sampler / looper.
It is also available in a Rosewood colored finish in addition to the black version pictured here.
- 2 Channels
- Built-in tilt-back stand
- Built-in Chorus and Reverb
- Built-in 40 second Looper
- Optionally battery powered
- Anti-feedback function
- Power Rating: 15 + 15 Watts with AC power and 10 + 10 Watts using batteries
- Amplifier Type: Solid State
- Channels: 2
- Master Volume: Yes
- Inputs: 1 x 1/4" Instrument, 1 x XLR Mic, 1 x 1/4" TRS Line, 1 x 1/8" Aux, 2 x RCA Aux. 2 x 1/4" Footswitch jacks for looping and effects
- Outputs: 2 x 1/4" line level (Left and Right), 1 x Stereo 1/4" Headphone out
- Controls: Instrument channel- Volume, Bass, Mid, Treble, Chorus Switch; Mic/Line- Volume, Bass, Treble, Chorus Switch
- Speakers: 2 x 5"
- Weight: 10.36 lbs
- Dimensions: 12.52" x 8.78" x 9.57"
Many customers have praised the quality of the sound, and in addition to that the anti-feedback system, effects, and build quality were also well liked. The ability to run on battery also got a lot of thumbs up from musicians who are always on the go.
There were a few people who lamented the fact that there is no phantom power available on the XLR/Mic input. Several people also said it wasn't loud enough for outdoor gigs.
If you're a street performer/busker then this is a great amp for you, but it's also used for regular gigs in small venues.