Sennheiser EW 172 G3 Wireless Guitar System (Discontinued)
The Sennheiser EW 172 G3, carries over the benefits of their wireless microphone technology but tweaked for guitarists to enjoy.
Notable guitar friendly features include a guitar tuner, equalizer, and cable emulator.
The guitar tuner feature by itself can replace an entire pedal, while the 5-band EQ and cable emulator allows you to better fine tune your sound, ideal for those who want more control over the resulting sound.
Automatic frequency scan and wireless synchronization (via infrared) make setup quick and convenient, while the "Auto-Lock" feature prevents you from making accidental changes to your settings when performing.
Signal reliability is improved by automatic frequency scan and its true diversity reception (dual antenna).
The SK100 G3 bodypack transmitter features RF mute, charging contacts and has its own easy to read graphic display.
- Transmitter: SK 300 G3 Bodypack
- Battery: 2 x AA (Up to 8 Hours)
- Guitar Cable: 1/8" to 1/4" (3 Ft. Cable)
- Dimensions: 3.23" x 2.52" x 0.94"
- Weight: 0.35 lbs.
- Receiver: EM 100 G3 Table Top (rackmountable)
- Antenna: Detachable
- Operating Range: 300 ft. (Ideal Situation Line-of-Sight)
- Frequency Range: Multi-Band UHF (516...865 MHz)
- Frequency Response: 25Hz-18kHz
- Output: 1 x XLR, 1 x 1/4"
- Dimensions: 7.48" x 8.35" x 1.69"
- Weight: 1.99 lbs.
- Features: Autoscan, Pilot Tone Squelch, Built-in Tuner, Built-in EQ and Soundcheck mode
More than merely satisfying their connectivity needs, many users comment that they enjoy using the Sennheiser EW 172 G3. Its ease of setup and signal reliability get the most commendations, while it's rugged build give many musicians one less thing to worry about. Sound quality also comes up a lot in reviews, while others thank Sennheiser for the extra tone shaping features they added.
There are some who reported that wireless system is noisy when specific pedals were engaged, but they did acknowledge that this could be a problem with the 3rd party pedal. A few others find the tone shaping element to be more of a complication than a good addition.
If you're looking for a reliable wireless guitar system that allows for more control over your sound, then check out the Sennheiser EW 172 G3.