Yamaha DXR12 Powered PA Speaker 12" - 1100W (Discontinued)
The DXR12 appeared on our recommended list for Powered PA Speakers from April 2017 until it was removed due to a lack of availability in November 2019.
The Yamaha DXR12 is the bigger sibling of the DXR10, featuring the same amplifier section, controls and input/output selection, with the main difference being its bigger 12" woofer.
Consequently, the enclosure is bigger and the overall weight is a bit heavier, but this results in more bass response when compared with the DXR10.
The same Class D amplifier is used, along with Yamaha's DSP FIR-X tuning technology which dynamically optimizes the time alignment between the tweeter and the woofer.
Other features include a built-in 3-channel mixer for stand-alone use, D-Contour and HPF switching for tuning its sound.
- LF Driver: 12" Cone, 2.5" Voice-Coil
- HF Driver: 1.4" Throat Compression
- Amplifier: Bi-amplified Class D
- Output Power Peak: 1100W (950W LF, 150W HF)
- Output Power Continuous: : 700W (600W LF, 100W HF)
- Frequency Response: 52Hz - 20kHz (-10dB)
- Maximum Peak SPL: 132dB
- Enclosure: ABS Thermoplastic
- Mounting: Pole, Floor Wedge, Fly
- Inputs: 2 x XLR, 2 x 1/4", 2 x RCA
- Outputs: 1 x XLR (Link)
- Controls: Power Button, 3 x Level Knobs, Mic/Line Switch, D-Contour (FOH, Off, Monitor), HPF Switch (120Hz, 100Hz, Off), Mono/Stereo Switch
- Dimensions: 23.5" × 14.25" × 13.75"
- Weight: 42.5 lbs.