Yamaha DXR8 Powered PA Speaker 8" - 1100W (Discontinued)
The DXR8 appeared on our recommended list for Powered PA Speakers from December 2017 until August 2019 when it was removed due to being out-ranked by other speakers.
With its 700W RMS (1100W Peak) amplifier, the Yamaha DXR8 can get really loud for its size.
But it's not just about being loud, because the extra headroom allows for better reproduction of audio nuances and dynamics.
What makes it even more appealing is how relatively light it is for what it can do, thanks to its lightweight Class D amplifier and ABS thermoplastic enclosure.
This active speaker is equipped with an 8" woofer and a 1.4" tweeter, and features Yamaha's FIR-X tuning technology, which optimizes the combination of the two drivers.
Finally, since it has a built-in mixer with dedicated level knobs for each of its three inputs, the Yamaha DXR8 can double as a small portable PA system if the need arises.
If you're looking for a compact 8" powered PA speaker that can double as a portable PA system, then the Yamaha DXR8 is a good option if you can find one available.
- LF Driver: 8" Cone
- HF Driver: 1.4"
- Amplifier: Bi-amplified Class D
- Output Power Peak: 1100W (950W LF, 150W HF)
- Output Power RMS: : 700W (600W LF, 100W HF)
- Frequency Response: 57Hz - 20kHz (-10dB)
- Maximum Peak SPL: 129dB
- Crossover Frequency: FIR-X Tuning (Linear Phase FIR filter)
- Enclosure: ABS Thermoplastic
- Mounting: Pole, Fly
- Inputs: 2 x XLR, 2 x 1/4", 2 x RCA
- Outputs: 1 x XLR
- Controls: Power Button, 3 x Level Knobs, Mic/Line Switch, D-Contour (FOH, Off, Monitor), HPF Switch (120Hz, 100Hz, Off), Mono/Stereo Switch, Front LED Switch
- Dimensions: 11" x 18" x 11"
- Weight: 29.8 lbs.